Branch Administrator: G4S Cash Solutions South Africa
Number of Positions: 1
Job Category: Cash Operations
Contract Type: Full Time
Salary: Market related
G4S Region: Africa
G4S Business Unit:South Africa - Cash Solutions
Closing Date: April 27, 2017
G4S Cash Solutions has a vacancy for a Branch Administrator based in Nelspruit.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Branch Administrator is responsible for ensuring the accurate and timorous administration/completion of the administration process in line with company policies and procedures.
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgment in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role which support plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
Prepare relevant data for Management in respect of budget and forecast processes within guidelines of financial policies in the branch.
- Preparation and timeous submission of the branches annual budget and quarterly forecast for ROD and Business Analyst approval, conforming to defined budget guidelines and principles.
- Maintenance of expenditure within approved levels by ensuring compliance with budgetary control procedures
Ensure branch compliance with company accounting and administrative practices, in conformance with legislation and generally accepted accounting practice.
- Capture cash processing invoices to customers on SAP
- Process all credit notes for customers on SAP
- Ensure that all the income for revenue planned is achieved
- Overview of the branch Accounts Receivable function, implementing effective credit control measures to ensure that cash flow is maximised.
- Release collections on the bank
- Authorize and capture supplier invoices on SAP for payment by Accounts Payable
- Complete new vendor motivations for processing
- Prepare accrual journals for Regional Business Analyst
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for MMR, Balance Sheets, Activity Schedules and consumable stock
- Check monthly reconciliation for Cash Processing
- Preparation and timeous submission of accurate forecasts of monthly results, facilitating implementation of proactive measures to obviate unacceptable outcomes.
- Analysis and evaluation of monthly accounts, reviewing actual performance against budget, identifying trends and highlighting variances, providing accurate management information to the Regional Operations Director.
- Compile and review of regional balance sheet reconciliations where applicable (*function normally done by business analyst)
- Oversee earnings analysis (salary report) on a monthly basis
- Monitor and Control timeous and accurate processing of accounting transactions on the G4S SAP system, maintaining accurate and detailed records with supporting source documentation.
- Conduct monthly consumable stock audits
- Capture all consumable stock onto SAP system on a monthly basis
Manage the process of all Capex motivations for central control
Check all petty cash reimbursements and submit for central control
Management and Supervision of staff
- Ensure that all staff are trained on standard operating procedure and policies relevant to their role (specific to branch administration procedures)
- Supervise branch admin and service and support staff and ensure that all job functions are correctly carried out, report back on findings
- Monitor attendance and approve leave for all administration personnel
Health and Safety
- Participate in the design/ development/ review/ implementation and monitoring of the departmental safety plans for each year.
- Participate in safety forums created by company for example safety meetings and safety talks
- Report all safety incidents to the relevant people
- Discuss all safety incidents
- Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety meeting/committee/representative/management
- Attend safety education and refresher programmes
- Comply with safety policies and procedures at workplace
- Distribute safety information as and when required
- Wear protective clothing all the time
The Ideal Candidate:
- Grade 12
- Diploma in Accounting
- 3 years experience in Office Administration/Management
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- G4S Cash branch administration policy and procedures
- G4S HR policy and procedures
- G4S Business Ethics policy/ preventing Bribery and Corruption policy
- Knowledge of Basic Accounting
- MS Office
- SAP – creditors and credit notes
- Report writing skills
- Communication (verbal and written)
- Understanding Organization goals and objectives
- Understanding organization environment
- Dealing with change
- Delivering objectives
- Delivering customer service
- Acting professionally
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Managing and Leading people
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, but SA citizens will have a distinct advantage.
About the Company:
G4S is the leading global integrated security company specialising in the provision of security products, services and solutions.
The group is active in more than 110 countries, and is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange with over 623,000 employees and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen.
We specialise in outsourced business processes and facilities in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat.
G4S the largest private sector employer and largest security company in Africa, with operations in more than 30 African countries and more than 122 000 employees on the continent.
At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce. Our employees are the public face of G4S and we recognise and respect the value they add to the business by delivering excellent service day after day.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
- Safety First - We prioritise safety management to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and those around us.
- Performance - We seek to improve performance year-on-year to create long-term sustainability.
- Integrity - We can always be trusted to do the right thing.
- Best People - We employ the best people, develop their competence, provide opportunity and inspire them to live our values.
- Teamwork and Collaboration - We collaborate for the benefit of our customers and G4S.
- Expertise - We develop and demonstrate our expertise through our innovative approach to creating and delivering the right solutions.
- Customer Focus - We have close, open relationships with our customers which generate trust and we work in partnership for the mutual benefit of our organisations.
One of the G4S Group’s core values is to ensure we employ the Best People. We strive to develop our employees’ competence and inspire them to live our values. G4S ensures that we provide our employees with opportunities for growth and development within a dynamic and challenging business environment.
At G4S South Africa, we place great value on attracting and retaining the best people at all levels, to ensure the continued success of the organisation.