ATM Custodian: G4S Cash Solutions South Africa
Number of Positions: 1
Job Category: Cash Operations
Contract Type: Full Time
Salary: Market related
G4S Region: Africa
G4S Business Unit:South Africa - Cash Solutions
Closing Date: March 21, 2017
G4S Cash Solutions (SA), a leading provider of integrated cash management solutions, has a vacancy for a ATM Custodian based at our operations in Vryburg
Reporting to the Planner, this role is responsible for ensuring that ATM's are replenished on time so that customers' machines can operate.
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role which facilities management plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
ATM UP TIME
- Ensure that the ATM terminals are correctly stocked with cash and stationary (as per order instruction)
- Maintain close liaison with the control centre to ensure that equipment problems are dealt with promptly.
- Ensure that potential faults that could cause equipment to malfunction are identified and resolved timeously.
- Ensure that all ATM terminals cubicles are kept clean and maintained in good condition.
ATM CASH / REPLENISHMENT
- Control ATM cash according to laid-down instructions (ATM, bags or canisters must be sealed)
- Balance cash at the required intervals (add or top-up).
- Ensure correct process has been followed and correct details entered on the ATM (system)
- Obtain slip for every replenishment
- Report no service or change in service
- Report and action differences in ATM cash promptly (daily or as and when required / instructed).
- Ensure that ATM cash is safeguarded against unnecessary and preventable loss (at all time)
DEPOSITS / PURGE BIN
- Clear cash deposits accurately promptly if applicable
- Hand irregular deposits or those requiring scrutiny to the BSO or any other designated officer for scrutiny promptly.
- Ensure Delivery to Bank or G4S Cash Centre
REPORTS / RECONCILIATION
- Action ATM reports as listed on the duty list promptly in terms of laid-down instructions.
- Ensure ATM slips are controlled and delivered to the cash centre
- Reconcile ATM cash daily (same day) as per laid down procedure
- Not allow to leave premises if not in balance
The Ideal Candidate:
- Grade 12
- Psira Grade C
- Fire Arm Competency
- 2 Years Experience
Skills, Knowledge and Attributes
- G4S Standard Operating Procedures
- Firearm Competency
- Delivering performance
- Customer Thinking
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, but SA citizens will have a distinct advantage.
About the Company:
G4S is the leading global integrated security company specialising in the provision of security products, services and solutions.
The group is active in more than 110 countries, and is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange with over 623,000 employees and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen.
We specialise in outsourced business processes and facilities in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat.
G4S the largest private sector employer and largest security company in Africa, with operations in more than 30 African countries and more than 122 000 employees on the continent.
At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce. Our employees are the public face of G4S and we recognise and respect the value they add to the business by delivering excellent service day after day.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
- Safety First - We prioritise safety management to protect the health and wellbeing of our colleagues and those around us.
- Performance - We seek to improve performance year-on-year to create long-term sustainability.
- Integrity - We can always be trusted to do the right thing.
- Best People - We employ the best people, develop their competence, provide opportunity and inspire them to live our values.
- Teamwork and Collaboration - We collaborate for the benefit of our customers and G4S.
- Expertise - We develop and demonstrate our expertise through our innovative approach to creating and delivering the right solutions.
- Customer Focus - We have close, open relationships with our customers which generate trust and we work in partnership for the mutual benefit of our organisations.
One of the G4S Group’s core values is to ensure we employ the Best People. We strive to develop our employees’ competence and inspire them to live our values. G4S ensures that we provide our employees with opportunities for growth and development within a dynamic and challenging business environment.
At G4S South Africa, we place great value on attracting and retaining the best people at all levels, to ensure the continued success of the organisation.