Branch Manager: G4S Cash Solutions South Africa
Number of Positions: 1
Job Category: Cash Operations
Contract Type: Full Time
Salary: Market related
G4S Region: Sub-Saharan Africa
G4S Business Unit:South Africa - Cash Solutions
Closing Date: February 25, 2017
G4S Cash Solutions (SA), a leading provider of integrated cash management solutions, has a vacancy for a Branch Manager based at our operations in Witbank.
The role of the BM is to effectively manage branch resources and procedures to ensure that the contractual obligations to customers are achieved cost effectively and that the company’s security procedures are applied throughout the branch. To continually review and improve branch profitability and security.
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role which operations plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
Effective management of the branch financial performance
- Manage relationship between actual results, budgets and forecasts, delegating accountability where appropriate.
- Manage the effective and efficient usage of company assets, i.e. vehicles, ensuring that all assets are well maintained, accounted for, and utilized correctly to optimize life of the asset.
- Maintain and adhere to company procedures and policies for the bulk accounts, cash float, cheque books, customer details and all other financial controls. Adhere to and enforce internal and external reconciliation procedures and policies.
- Oversight and management of customer invoicing, ensuring that terminations are processed, new customers added correctly, and changes in billing reflected.
- Initiate cost savings and controls
Gross Margin Management
Effective management and deployment of Employees within the branch
Effective Labour and Organisation
- Ensure that there are adequate staff for both admin and operations and that all new vacancies are approved and appointments are vetted and approved before making an offer of employment, as well as fully compliant with current legislation.
- Set and agree objectives and performance standards with staff, including understanding of policy and procedures
- Monitor performance and provide feedback
- Oversight of employee records, ensuring that all relevant and required documentation is on file.
- Succession Planning and Employment Equity
- Determine training needs (in line with training and hr policy) for staff.
- Ensure that all employees are training on the minimum standard operating procedures and to the statutory training requirements
- Set and maintain acceptable standards of behaviour at work by all subordinate employees, as required by G4S’s code of conduct and disciplinary code.
- Ensure that all disciplinary actions are conducted in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
Effective management of operations
Client retention and customer service levels
- Review and deploy resources, and thereafter continuously review operations to improve profitability and customer service levels. Make changes as necessary
- Maintain all customer SLAs and address deficiencies
- Undertake regular and consistent customer visit and assess service of personnel
- Monitor customer service levels
Ops Process management – adherence to operation standards:
- QA audit results and operational matrix
- Ensures that all relevant legislative requirements are adhered to and that Company procedures and standards (including Health and Safety, security, personnel, finance and Transport) are maintained.
- Effective management of branch fleet to ensure optimal operational running
- Maintenance and control of branch assets through the use of registers, stock control, regular audits and spot checks. i.e. fire arms, radios, building assets etc.
Shared Best Practice
- Investigate, share and implement BP from other branches
Effective Security and Risk Management for the branch
Adhere to group and company standards on risk and security mitigation and control on the following areas:
- Maximum vehicle loads and values
- Armed employees
- Branch security
- Health and Safety and fire drills
Effective management of business development function
New business development
- Identifying new business opportunities in the branch’s sphere of operations,
- Monitor and assess the market environment in terms of competitors and current customers.
- Ensure that all new quotes are done at profitable margins
Customer needs analysis
- Upsell of products and new services in line with customers needs and risks.
Company image and brand
- Ensure all vehicles are correctly branded and maintained to improve company image and market share.
- Oversight and management of employee discipline around uniform, behavior in public, driving standards etc, to maintain positive public image and marketing
- Adhere to all company brand guidelines for signage, stock, customer products and communication.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Previous specialized industry (with specific reference to CIT) experience recommended
- Miniumum of 3 to 5 years general management experience
- Strong management skills
- Sound understanding of financial information (Profit and Loss Statement)
- Proven experience in Customer Relationship Management
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- South African security legislation
- G4S Operational Policy and procedures
- G4S HR Policy and procedures
- Health and Safety legislation
- Leading people
- Managing professionally
- Managing Conflict
- Communication (Written and Verbal)
- Computer literacy
- Basic financial skills
- Driving change
- Customer Thinking
- Delivering objectives
- Awareness of the market environment
- Delivering strategy
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, but SA citizens or those with a valid SA work permit, will have a distinct advantage.
About the Company:
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in secure outsourcing in countries and sectors where security and safety risks are considered
a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen.G4S has operations in more than 120 countries and more than 620, 000 employees. For more information on G4S, visit www.g4s.com.
G4S operates in over 26 countries in Africa and employs over 120 000 people on the continent.
At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce. Our employees are the public face of G4S and we recognise and respect the value they add to the business by delivering excellent service day after day.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
- Safety First - We prioritise safety management to protect the health and wellbeing of our colleagues and those around us.
- Performance - We seek to improve performance year-on-year to create long-term sustainability.
- Integrity - We can always be trusted to do the right thing.
- Best People - We employ the best people, develop their competence, provide opportunity and inspire them to live our values.
- Teamwork and Collaboration - We collaborate for the benefit of our customers and G4S.
- Expertise - We develop and demonstrate our expertise through our innovative approach to creating and delivering the right solutions.
- Customer Focus - We have close, open relationships with our customers which generate trust and we work in partnership for the mutual benefit of our organisations.
One of the G4S Group’s core values is to ensure we employ the Best People. We strive to develop our employees’ competence and inspire them to live our values. G4S ensures that we provide our employees with opportunities for growth and development within a dynamic and challenging business environment.
At G4S South Africa, we place great value on attracting and retaining the best people at all levels, to ensure the continued success of the organisation.