Compensation & Benefits Manager - G4S Kenya Limited - Kenya
Number of Positions: 1
Job Category: Human Resources/Health and Safety
Contract Type: Full Time
G4S Business Unit:
Closing Date: May 20, 2014
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specializes in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and 657,000 employees.
In Africa, G4S is the largest private employer, with 110 000 employees in over 29 countries across the continent. G4S Kenya has a workforce of about 15,000 spread across all the major Urban Centres in the country.
At G4S Kenya, we place great value on attracting and retaining the best people at all levels, to ensure the continued success of the organization.
Main Purpose of the Role
The Compensation & Benefits Manager is responsible for performing the strategic planning, design, regulatory compliance, communication, policy development and administration of company-wide employee compensation and benefits programs consistent with the long views employee total reward objectives
- Design, implement, manage, and evaluate organizational compensation and benefits philosophies and strategies with a linkage to organization’s objectives in the short and long term
- Provide consultative technical expertise and guidance regarding compensation and benefits matters to Executives, Managers, and HR Officers.
- Recommend changes in methods or procedures to improve the efficiency, benefits and compensation function
- Work with management, legal department, outside Consultants and Governmental agencies to ensure compliance to regulatory requirements
- Communicate policies, practices, and guidelines to all levels of staff in the business
- Monitor and analyze trends and issues related to compensation and benefits within the Company and external market, such as turnover, recruitment, government regulations, market data/surveys and competitive practices in order to forecast the impact on the Company and implement initiatives to proactively respond
- Participate in collective bargaining agreement meetings
- Job evaluation, grading & compensation structures
The Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or a related field
- Masters degree and one or more HR certifications (e.g. CCP, GPHR, CEBS) preferred
- Knowledgeable about all applicable HR laws
- Proven record in managing revenue, costs and profitability
- Minimum of 5 years progressive HR experience with at least 3 years managing compensation and benefits administration
- Team leadership skills with ability to motivate and direct Managers and subordinates
- Articulate and able to communicate verbally to subordinate staff, colleagues and senior staff
- Excellent IS skills