Head of Operations - G4S Mali
Number of Positions: 1
Job Category: Security/Protective Services
Contract Type: Full Time
Salary: Competitive Market Related Package
G4S Region: Africa
G4S Business Unit:Mali
Closing Date: April 2, 2017
The Head of Operations manages the safe and effective delivery of quality contractual and ad-hoc integrated security services to customers within the country, in compliance with legislation, company policies, processes and procedures, to ensure the achievement of budgeted financial targets and customer service level.
1. Effective management of the financial performance
Manage relationship between actual results, budgets and forecasts
Initiate cost saving models and controls
Gross Margin Management:
- Direct Wage control / planning system management
- Fleet costs
- Overheads control
- Contract profitability analysis
Existing Revenue Growth:
- Price escalations are achieved
Manage cash flow:
- DSO management
2. Effective management of staff within the country
- Staff turnover analysis, proper allocation of staff to positions and structure.
- Succession Planning and Employment Equity
- Ensure the provision of high quality induction, onboarding and ongoing training for front-line employees, ensuring that they are equipped and prepared to deliver the service
- Attendance of subordinates at scheduled training interventions, meeting of employment equity goals, succession planning.
- Staff motivation levels
- Promote a health and safety culture within the workplace
- Manage personal resources and own professional development
- Undertake other activities as required
3. Effective management of operations
Client retention and customer service levels
- Proportion of contracts lost
Quality Management/Ops Process management – adherence to quality standard
- QA audit results and operational matrix
Shared Best Practice
Specific examples of implementation of BP from other countries
4. Effective management of business development function
New business development
- Assist the Head of Sales to establish an effective ISS marketing plan and structure to effect ISS growth
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the competitor environment faced by the country.
Managing and shaping the external environment
Involvement in community and business forums and general public profile
The Ideal Candidate:
- Relevant Business qualification preferred.
- Background in security management.
- 5+ years’ experience in a business and/or operational senior management position.
- Strong commitment, leadership and management skills.
- Results and customer focus
- Experience in establishing medium-term growth strategies and strong operating mechanisms for performance.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, marketing and negotiation skills.
- Must be Bilingual in English and French
- Capable of working effectively and productively with team members.
- Knowledge of the development and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Experienced in living and working in a professional commercial capacity overseas.
- Ability to maintain strong ethical and professional values.
- The ability to operate in diverse cultural environments.
- Flexibility and adaptability to rapid environmental changes.
- Proficient in the ability to understand problems, situations and the reasons behind them, crossing the barriers of languages and cultures.
- Autonomous and results orientated, with a clear determination to succeed.
About the Company:
G4S is the leading global integrated security company specialising in the provision of security products, services and solutions.
The group is active in more than 110 countries, and is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange with over 623,000 employees and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen.
We specialise in outsourced business processes and facilities in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat.
G4S in Africa:
G4S the largest private sector employer and largest security company in Africa, with operations in more than 30 African countries and more than 122 000 employees on the continent.