Human Resources Director - G4S Ghana
Number of Positions: 1
Job Category: Human Resources/Health and Safety
Contract Type: Full Time
G4S Region: UK, Ireland and Africa
G4S Business Unit:
Closing Date: March 25, 2012
G4S is the world’s leading security solutions group, which specializes in outsourcing of business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat.
G4S is a FTSE 100 listed company and has an unrivalled global geographic footprint. G4S operates in over 110 countries across the globe and employs over 600,000 employees around the world.
G4S operates in over 30 countries in Africa and employs over 100, 000 people on the continent.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the HR Director coordinates the provision of generalist Human Resources support services within the business, in compliance with legislation and Company policies and procedures.
1. Effective management of Employee Relations function
- Responsible for management of disciplinary processes conducted in the region, ensuring compliance with the Company’s Code of Conduct and procedures.
- Competent representation of the Company in all disputes referred Labour court.
- Ensuring that line management is kept informed of changes to the interpretation and application of disciplinary procedures necessitated by Labour Court decisions.
- Competent representation of the region in dealings with trade unions.
- The establishment and continuation of employee communication structures.
- Provision of ongoing training and consultation service to regional management to achieve successful structure development.
2. Effective management of human resources administration and employee benefits
- Implementation of HR policies and procedures, documentation in compliance with legislation.
Effective and efficient:
- Personnel File maintenance (Employment / induction / discipline documentation)
- Employee Benefit Administration (Pension Fund, Medical Aid)
- Long service awards administration
3. Effective resourcing of staff
- Thorough human resource planning process to match requirements with incumbents, with a focus on the approved structure.
- Adherence to company policy with respect approval and recruitment process. Strict observance of company recruitment process
- Thorough vetting and screening processes
- Employment in accordance with remuneration policy
4. Effective management of training, development succession, and performance management
- Management of operational training schedules
- Assist training function in planning and execution of management training.
- Induction training planning and implementation
- On the job training planning and implementation
- Devise succession planning for management and support positions
- Regional management awareness and compliance through the development and presentation of appropriate training interventions.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Relevant B degree in HR Management (post-graduate qualification preferred)
- Minimum 7 years’ experience as HR professional with a strategic and hands-on understanding of the full employee life cycle, including Recruitment & Selection, Employee Engagement, Performance Management and Learning & Development
- Prior experience working with a large, unionised environment
- Ability to implement change management initiatives