Number of Positions: 1
Job Category: IT/Software Development
Contract Type: Full Time
Salary: £24000 - £30000
G4S Region: UK, Ireland and Africa
G4S Business Unit:
Closing Date: August 26, 2012
To manage the company’s information and communication system ensuring heightened efficiency of resources, systems availability and disaster recovery
- Coordinate business automation processes and design, implement and manage IT solutions for the business.
- Design network solutions for the business and implement best practice.
- Support Hardware – diagnosis of network and network equipment problems; re-build machines & upgrades
- Support Site & Offsite Server - Windows 2003 server, Active directory, MS Exchange, and back-up software
- Support Great Plains Server - Windows 2003 server, MS SQL 2000 (database)
- Support Virus protection server and updates
- Desktop users – Install/troubleshootMS Windows 2000 (desktop), Windows XP and XP Pro; MS Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Take calls, diagnose problems and (preferably) resolve most calls on-line (by connecting to the user PC remotely)
- Record the calls and report on the status of any unresolved calls
- Set-up new Users on the system; join new machines to the network
- Manage data disaster recovery and business continuity
The Ideal Candidate:
- Degree in Information Technology or any related field
- At least 5 years experience as user support
- MCSE (on Microsoft software) or equivalent
- Experience of Support both hardware and software packages
- Knowledge of the Great Plains accounting package will be an added advantage
- Highly motivated, committed and result oriented individual.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Presentable, personable, sociable and able to interface well with staff, clients and general community.