Logistics Co-ordinator (KZN Isipingo): G4S Secure Solutions South Africa
Number of Positions: 1
Job Category: Administrative/Clerical
Contract Type: Full Time
Salary: Basic Salary & Benefits
G4S Region: Sub-Saharan Africa
G4S Business Unit:South Africa - Secure Solutions
Closing Date: March 24, 2017
G4S Secure Solutions (SA), a leading global integrated security solutions company, has a vacancy for a Logistics Co-ordinator based at our offices in Isipingo (Durban).
Reporting to the Logistics Manager, the co-ordinator provides a comprehensive, cross functional administration support to departments relating to all Logistics (fleet, facilities and assets), procurement and administrative aspects where each requirement has a specific financial reporting requirement to obtain information, share feedback to include supervision of subordinates.
The position requires minimum of one year's related experience in an administrative / logistics environment. The successful incumbent is a self starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation.
1. Effective administration and control of regional equipment, vehicles, assets at the regional office
- Decision making ability to manage suppliers, services in the branch and on sites with day to day co-ordination with subordinates
- Verify uniform stock order, receipt, replacements and returns
- Consolidate all requirements, do stock take before placing orders for equipment, assets, tools of trade, including consumables, printing and stationery
- Consolidate weekly and monthly vehicle / fleet inspections with designated line manager and assessment of financial impact in reporting to Log Manager.
- Planning and execution of vehicle maintenance of all rentals and services of fleet with line managers
- Accident communication, reporting and control in line with procedures and feedback
- Consolidate and inspect monthly asset register control of all sites and new site start-up requirements
- Ensure stock control room tidy and neat with regular inventory where dead stock is kept to a minimum at all times
- Consolidate monthly regional fuels logbook input to Logistics Manager for salaried staff
2. Effective Purchase Order administration and financial cost controls
- Conform to budgets on all aspects (monthly petty cash, company checkers card )
- Raise purchase orders in line with due process time frames to be approved by Log Manager
- Ensure that all deliveries are received at destination and liaise with suppliers to ensure fulfilment
- Facilitate return process where goods are found to be incorrect, or quality is found to be faulty
- Maintain and hold database of all required information pertaining to cell phones and generate reports to Log Manager
- Create and maintain employee asset database
- Update database with new information pertaining to company asset and tools of trade movements issued and returns by employees
- Ensure relevant communication for retrieval of assets
- Liaise with Payroll and HR on employee deductions from final payout to recover any costs due
- Month end deadlines and reporting of POMS (Purchases, GRN’s, Stock status and issues)
- Consolidate monthly reports in respect of financial reporting, analysis and feedback to the Logistics Manager
- Ensure monthly stock takes take place
3. Effective switchboard relieving
- Courteous, timely and appropriate answering and screening of telephone calls, taking of accurate and complete messages, delivered timeously
- Maintenance of neat and orderly reception area.
- Co-ordination of mail, deliveries and courier parcels (incoming and outgoing).
4. Manage the facilities of the regional office
- Ensure that building is intact and that deviations (lights, water, plumbing, air-cons etc.) are reported
- Day to day management of facilities and staff including reception, cleaner, gardener, driver (if any) and ensure duties are fulfilled.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Grade 12 and relevant tertiary qualification
- Advantageous where a diploma in Logistics or Office Management in administration.
- 1-2 Year's minimim relevant working experience
- Security industry experience advantageous
Knowledge, Skills and Attribues
- G4S Policies and Procedures
- Knowledge of all aspects of logistics
- Knowledge of administrative procedures
- Communication (Written and Verbal)
- Computer Literacy
- MS Office Computer skills – Excel, ERP, RAMCO
- Inventory and stock takes
- Time Management
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Delivery great customer service
- Conflict management
- Supporting and Working with Others
- Acting Professionally
- Work under Pressure
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, but SA citizens or those with a valid SA work permit, will have a distinct advantage.
About the Company:
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in secure outsourcing in countries and sectors where security and safety risks are considered
a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen.G4S has operations in more than 120 countries and more than 620, 000 employees. For more information on G4S, visit www.g4s.com.
G4S operates in over 26 countries in Africa and employs over 120 000 people on the continent.
At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce. Our employees are the public face of G4S and we recognise and respect the value they add to the business by delivering excellent service day after day.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
- Safety First - We prioritise safety management to protect the health and wellbeing of our colleagues and those around us.
- Performance - We seek to improve performance year-on-year to create long-term sustainability.
- Integrity - We can always be trusted to do the right thing.
- Best People - We employ the best people, develop their competence, provide opportunity and inspire them to live our values.
- Teamwork and Collaboration - We collaborate for the benefit of our customers and G4S.
- Expertise - We develop and demonstrate our expertise through our innovative approach to creating and delivering the right solutions.
- Customer Focus - We have close, open relationships with our customers which generate trust and we work in partnership for the mutual benefit of our organisations.
One of the G4S Group’s core values is to ensure we employ the Best People. We strive to develop our employees’ competence and inspire them to live our values. G4S ensures that we provide our employees with opportunities for growth and development within a dynamic and challenging business environment.
At G4S South Africa, we place great value on attracting and retaining the best people at all levels, to ensure the continued success of the organisation.