Planner: G4S Cash Solutions South Africa
Number of Positions: 1
Job Category: Security/Protective Services
Contract Type: Full Time
Salary: Market related
G4S Region: Africa
G4S Business Unit:South Africa - Cash Solutions
Closing Date: April 25, 2017
G4S Cash Solutions (SA), a leading provider of integrated cash management solutions, has a vacancy for a Planner.
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role which Operations Support plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
To assist the Branch Manager by maintaining effective planning and co-ordinations of operations in Cash In Transit and to ensure and maintain effective planning procedures within Cash Solutions.
- Responsible and accountable for effective Planning and Co-coordinating of operations
- Reports and Registers
- Manage scanning and tracking system (E-Viper)
- Management and Supervision of staff
- Health and Safety
- Mix Telematics and Easy Roster
The Ideal Candidate:
- Grade 12
- Drivers License
- PSIRA Registration
- Knowledge of G4S standard operating procedures
- South African security legislation
- G4S HR Policy and procedures
- G4S Ethics Policy
- Computer literate - ability to work on Excel, MS Outlook, Word
- Communication (written and verbal)
- Strong planning and route mapping skills
- Customer complaint resolution
- Awareness of the market
- Delivering strategy
- Driving change
- Leading People
- Delivering Performance
- Working with Complexity
- Managing Professionally
- Customer thinking
- Collaborating and Co-operating
About the Company:
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in secure outsourcing in countries and sectors where security and safety risks are considered
a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 120 countries and more than 620, 000 employees. For more information on G4S, visit www.g4s.com.
G4S operates in over 26 countries in Africa and employs over 120 000 people on the continent.
At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce. Our employees are the public face of G4S and we recognise and respect the value they add to the business by delivering excellent service day after day.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
- Safety First - We prioritise safety management to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and those around us.
- Performance - We seek to improve performance year-on-year to create long-term sustainability.
- Integrity - We can always be trusted to do the right thing.
- Best People - We employ the best people, develop their competence, provide opportunity and inspire them to live our values.
- Teamwork and Collaboration - We collaborate for the benefit of our customers and G4S.
- Expertise - We develop and demonstrate our expertise through our innovative approach to creating and delivering the right solutions.
- Customer Focus - We have close, open relationships with our customers which generate trust and we work in partnership for the mutual benefit of our organisations.
One of the G4S Group’s core values is to ensure we employ the Best People. We strive to develop our employees’ competence and inspire them to live our values. G4S ensures that we provide our employees with opportunities for growth and development within a dynamic and challenging business environment.
At G4S South Africa, we place great value on attracting and retaining the best people at all levels, to ensure the continued success of the organisation.