Sales Executive: G4S Cash Solutions South Africa
Number of Positions: 1
Job Category: Sales/Retail/Business Development
Contract Type: Full Time
Salary: Market related
G4S Region: Africa
G4S Business Unit:South Africa - Cash Solutions
Closing Date: February 28, 2017
Sales Executive: Cash Solutions
G4S Cash Solutions (SA), a leading global integrated security solutions company, has a vacancy for a Sales Executive based at our offices in Port Shepstone
Reporting to the Sales Manager, the key purpose of this role is the development and maintain the growth of Cash in transit and counting house customers in a specific geographical area.
The position requires at 3-5 years experience in a professional sales environment with a proven track record of closing deals and achieving targets. Relevant industry related experience essential, recommended,advantageous. Previous experience is essential.
The successful incumbent is a self starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role which sales and marketing plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
Effective compilation of sales quotations and tender documentation in the region in compliance with business strategy
- Effective application and control of company selling price list as per mark-up margins in line with sales strategy.
- Finalize and accept customer quotations
- Effective management of company policies and procedures.
- Prepare and submit sales proposals and tenders to prospective customers.
- Liaise with National Bid team on quality and consistency of sales tenders/bids
Effective development of new business in line with sales targets
- Ensure effective development of sales of new and existing product lines
- Identification of potential new business opportunities for Cash Solutions through consultation and cooperation with operational management and Sales Manager with planned prospecting, leads, cold calling, tender notices.
- Arrange and conduct meetings with new and existing business prospects where appropriate, to market G4S integrated Cash Solutions.
- Conduct / arrange site surveys to identify risks and develop appropriate solution to do system design in order to meet customer needs.
- Conduct competitor evaluations to identify risks and develop appropriate solutions through thorough understanding of the competitor environment faced by the region. Liaise with operations on competitor analysis to share knowledge and focus on viable business opportunities.
- Reach and achieve sales targets, focusing on high margin business, and developing business near operational centers
Effective performance and reporting of sales and administrative activities and functions
- Preparation and submission of weekly sales call sheet report:
- Signed business
- Ensure that a customer file is maintained
- Ensure effective maintenance of the Sales system updating quotation information, leads and prospects
Customer Retention and corporate account management
- Monitor relationship with designated top customers, scheduling regular visits to ascertain customer satisfaction
- Conduct customer satisfaction surveys
- Achieve customer retention targets and KPIs
The Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a professional sales environment (industry related experience advantageous or essential or recommended) with a proven track record of closing deals and achieving targets
- Experienced in dealing with senior executives.
- Previous experience in technology products such as ATME, Deposita machines and counting house procedures.
- A capable communicator with good English language skills.
- Experience in long sales cycles essential
- Demonstrated ability to deal with high profile individuals
- Solid understanding of the fundamentals of project management and be able to formulate accurate proposals/tenders from start to finish (Essential)
- History of successful execution.
- Experience in Business Development, essential
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- Communication (Written and Verbal)
- Awareness of the market environment
- Driving Delivery
- Customer Thinking
- Professional Credibility
- Delivering objectives
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, but SA citizens or those with a valid SA work permit, will have a distinct advantage.
About the Company:
G4S is the leading global integrated security company specialising in the provision of security products, services and solutions.
The group is active in more than 110 countries, and is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange with over 623,000 employees and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen.
We specialise in outsourced business processes and facilities in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat.
G4S the largest private sector employer and largest security company in Africa, with operations in more than 30 African countries and more than 122 000 employees on the continent.
At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce. Our employees are the public face of G4S and we recognise and respect the value they add to the business by delivering excellent service day after day.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
- Safety First - We prioritise safety management to protect the health and wellbeing of our colleagues and those around us.
- Performance - We seek to improve performance year-on-year to create long-term sustainability.
- Integrity - We can always be trusted to do the right thing.
- Best People - We employ the best people, develop their competence, provide opportunity and inspire them to live our values.
- Teamwork and Collaboration - We collaborate for the benefit of our customers and G4S.
- Expertise - We develop and demonstrate our expertise through our innovative approach to creating and delivering the right solutions.
- Customer Focus - We have close, open relationships with our customers which generate trust and we work in partnership for the mutual benefit of our organisations.
One of the G4S Group’s core values is to ensure we employ the Best People. We strive to develop our employees’ competence and inspire them to live our values. G4S ensures that we provide our employees with opportunities for growth and development within a dynamic and challenging business environment.
At G4S South Africa, we place great value on attracting and retaining the best people at all levels, to ensure the continued success of the organisation.